Steven’s practice is focused on labor & employment law - litigating non-compete and trade secret matters, defending employment discrimination and harassment claims, advising clients on work separation agreements, assisting with federal and state agency compliance and investigations, negotiating collective bargaining agreements and representing clients in corporate immigration matters. He has significant expertise in the use of ediscovery, and digital forensics to creatively identify facts that assist in the resolution of disputes.
Steven Garrett is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Steven joined the firm in August 2013 after three years with the City of Austin, as Prosecutor in the Municipal Prosecution division where he prosecuted hundreds of cases and over twenty jury trials and then as an Assistant City Attorney in the Employment and Public Safety Division advising multiple city departments on employment issues as in-house counsel.
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers– 2019-2022
- Judicial Internship, Federal Magistrate Judge Stephen Smith, 2009
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Public Service Fellowship, University of Virginia
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Austin Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Chair, 2016-2017 Fiscal Year
- Austin Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Vice Chair, 2015-2016 Fiscal Year
- Austin Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Secretary, 2014-2015 Fiscal Year
- Austin Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Treasurer, 2013-2014 Fiscal Year
- Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court, Associate, August 2013-Present
- Skillpoint Alliance - Board of Directors, Chair-Elect
- University of Virginia Law School Foundation, Supporter