Carolyn Gutierrez Bartelli
Carolyn Gutierrez Bartelli leads the firm’s corporate immigration practice group and represents U.S. and international companies in the technology, healthcare, international trade, and professional services sectors with respect to all immigration-related matters. Carolyn has obtained countless H1B, TN1, L1A, L1B, O1, PERM, I140, I485, I765, I131, and I539 approvals and advises on virtually every aspect of corporate immigration practice, from immigration strategy and process to Form I-9 compliance.
Prior to joining the firm in 2006, Carolyn was a member of the corporate section of Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. and has deep knowledge of corporate structure and formation, making her uniquely qualified to assist corporate clients with respect the immigration implications associated with corporate reorganizations, restructurings, and related transactions.
Carolyn graduated with honors from The University of Texas at Austin School of Law and earned her Bachelor’s degree in Economics from St. Mary’s University. Carolyn is fully fluent in Spanish, completed an internship with UNICEF as a translator in Madrid, Spain, has completed cultural exchange programs in Guadalajara, Mexico, and Puebla, Mexico, and has been named a Rotary International Scholar for her post-graduate work in international relations at La Universidad de San Francisco in Quito, Ecuador. Prior to law school, Carolyn worked as an English teacher in Caracas, Venezuela. With a commitment to community, Carolyn also provides pro bono services to individuals fleeing violence and seeking asylum in the United States.
- Austin Monthly Top Lawyer in Immigration – 2022-2023
- Texas Super Lawyer - 2023
- State Bar of Texas, Immigration and Nationality Law Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Travis County Women’s Lawyers Foundation
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
- American Gateways, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Women’s Symphony League, Volunteer
- Girl Scouts Troop 1260, Volunteer
- Theresa’s Catholic Church, Volunteer
- University of Texas Elementary School, Visualize Graduation Society
- Hand to Hold, Volunteer
- National Charity League, Volunteer
- Young Men’s Service League, Volunteer